UPS power supply refers to uninterruptible power supply. UPS power supply is a constant voltage and constant frequency uninterruptible power supply with energy storage device and inverter as the main component. Mainly used to provide uninterrupted power supply to a single computer, computer network system or other power electronic equipment. When the mains input is normal, the UPS will stabilize the mains and supply it to the load. At this time, the UPS is an AC mains voltage stabilizer (www.pc841.com computer Pepsi network), and it also supplies the battery inside the machine. Charging; when the mains is interrupted (accidental power failure), the UPS will immediately supply the 220V AC power to the load through the method of inverter conversion, so that the load can maintain normal operation and protect the software and hardware of the load from damage. UPS devices usually provide protection against both overvoltage and undervoltage. Now let's introduce the role of UPS power supply in a timely and correct way.
The role of UPS power supply in equipment:
1. Surge protection
Typically, UPS power systems have a tip discharge design to absorb burst waves to avoid affecting the efficiency and longevity of the equipment.
2. Power failure protection
When the power grid of the city is immediately cut off, the UPS power system converts the DC power of the UPS battery into AC power to avoid the inconvenience and loss caused by the power cut.
3. Instant protection
Urban power sometimes has problems such as voltage drop or instantaneous drop, which will affect the accuracy of the equipment and damage the user's delicate equipment. The UPS system can provide stable voltage to protect the equipment.
4. Harmonic distortion protection
When the voltage waveform is distorted and the fundamental wave current is transmitted to the end of use through the transmission and distribution lines, harmonics occur. Harmonics will affect the use of equipment. Provide stable and high-quality power for equipment through UPS power supply, effectively improving the operating efficiency and service life of equipment.
5. High and low voltage protection
When the city voltage is high, the regulator (AVR) in the low UP power supply keeps the city voltage within a safe range to ensure that the equipment can work properly. When the high and low voltage exceeds the available range, the UPS power system will start the battery supply to ensure the continuous operation of the equipment.
6. Stabilizing frequency
The frequency is 50Hz per second, when the market generator is running, the sudden change of the power consumption at the user end will cause the change of the rotation speed, which will cause the uncertainty of the power frequency converted by the UPS power supply, thus providing a stable frequency, ensuring the instrument and normal operation of the equipment.
7. Voltage stabilization
City voltage is easily affected by the distance and quality of power transmission lines, with higher voltages for users closer to the substation and lower voltages for users farther away. Too high or too low voltage will affect the quality and service life of the user's instruments and equipment. The application of UPS power supply system can provide stable voltage power supply for user equipment to ensure the normal operation of the equipment and prolong the service life.
8. The effect of suppressing transverse mode and common mode noise
Transverse mode noise occurs between live and neutral, and common mode noise occurs between live and ground. Invisible power problems cannot always prevent instruments and equipment from causing damage to users. UPS power escorts instruments and data to ensure the normal operation of the equipment and prolong the service life of the equipment.
The correct way to use UPS power:
1. Before starting, confirm that the polarity of the input city power wiring is correct, and the UPS has very strict requirements on the negative pole of the power supply.
2. Pay full attention that the total load capacity should not be greater than the rated power of the UPS. If the total load capacity is too large, it will affect the duration of the battery overload in the UPS, resulting in battery damage or even UPS damage.
3. After the mains is interrupted, the UPS is powered by the battery. After the automatic shutdown, the UPS battery will not be used for too much power, which will only make the UPS battery life decrease rapidly.
4. When the UPS turns to battery power supply, the load computer system should be shut down immediately. Don't assume the battery is long enough, even while powered, to continue gaming or working.
5. Do not connect long-life batteries unless instructed by the UPS itself, which will cause the UPS to fail due to increased power.
6. Please do not put magnetic objects (such as magnets) on the UPS, otherwise it is easy to lose data in the UPS memory, making the machine unable to complete its proper function.
7. UPS is more suitable for capacitive loads rather than inductive loads. For example, the half-wave load and impact load (such as a printer) output of an air conditioner blower can not carry an inductive load.
8. UPS should not always be in full load or light load state, generally choose 50% ≤ 80% of rated capacity, please refer to the statement before purchase.
9. Do not turn off and on the UPS power frequently, usually need to turn it on again after 6 seconds of turning off the UPS power supply, otherwise the UPS power supply may be in a startup failure state. That is to say, the UPS power supply is in a state with no mains output and inverter output.
The above is to introduce to you "the role of UPS power supply in a timely and correct way". UPS power supply is aimed at the reliability requirements of China's power grid environment and network monitoring and network systems, medical systems, etc., to overcome the centralized power supply of medium and large computer network systems. Due to the increasingly bad environment of the power supply grid, the third-generation power frequency pure online intelligent UPS is developed with a new digital technology. If you also want to solve the problem of easy power outage, please contact Upsystem Power factory and we will solve your problem for you.